WordPress is a content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL that is usually used with the MySQL or MariaDB database servers but can also use the SQLite database engine. Features include a plugin architecture and a template system, referred to inside WordPress as Themes. WordPress is most associated with blogging but has evolved to support other types of web content including more traditional mailing lists and forums, media galleries, membership sites, learning management systems (LMS) and online stores. It is used by more than 60 million websites, including 33.6% of the top 10 million websites as of April 2019, WordPress is one of the most popular content management system (CMS) solutions in use.
WordPress is a great platform for bloggers, it allows them to customize their website according to their need with ease. Another great feature about WordPress is that it provide a lot of themes and plugins by default. So if you are not willing to purchase any new theme and plugin you can rely on WordPress. It’s themes are much better than other or simply you can download any other theme from Google.
How to change a theme or add a new theme
- First you have to login the WordPress and enter into the dashboard.
- On the left hand side you will find the menu containing “Appearance” category, click on it.
- Under this category, click on the themes option.
- There you can see the add new theme button tap on it.
- Now, some of the free themes which wordpress avails will be on your screen. You can choose any of them if you want or simply click on a “upload theme” on the top if you have one.
- If you are using wordpress default theme you can click on activate, it will be applied.
- Else if you are uploading a new theme you have to upload its .zip file. Once you have upload the .zip file wait for around 1 min to upload it comepletely.
- Same thing applies here, if it is uploaded click on activate.
You can check any theme before activating by clicking of demo. It will show the live preview how it will look at you webpage. Figuring out a proper theme for your website is important as the presentation and looks matter. The reader is only gonna visit again if your website is well optimized and featured.